Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Silver Glitter Heart, Cut- Out Pink Sweatshirt:DIY


 Making different Styles out of plain old sweatshirts is one of my biggest obsessions.
I am constantly challenging myself, constantly pushing myself creatively. 
Seeing different pieces and then asking myself  "Can I make that?" 
The answer is most likely " Yes I Can, and Yes I will."
This Idea came from one of my favorite down time activities. Pinterest.
This could be completely no Sew or you could sew the little strips on the shoulder if you would rather. That is the best thing about DIY you can change it and make it your own.
Nothing is set in Stone on how it should be done.

Tutorial 
Things you Need

 Sweatshirt *This one is a Women's Hanes size Med
Scissors
Chalk
Studs 
or Needle and Thread
Cut Out Heart Stencil
Contact Paper.
Brush.


Draw with chalk where you want your shoulder to be cut out.
  Cut out the shoulder.

 Take the scrap and cut out three strips.

Use the studs to anchor the strips on the cut out part of the sweatshirt. 
Or you could sew the strips then use the studs for decoration.


 Trace the heart stencil on the contact paper.
Cut the contact paper out.
 Use the contact paper as the stencil on the Sweatshirt.

 Take the tulip glue and cover the heart.

Spread the glue out evenly with a brush.
 Sprinkle all over with glitter
 Let dry 24 hours then peel off the contact paper.
 There will be some shedding of the glitter, that is normal.  To minimize the shedding you could put a thin layer of the glitter glue over the glitter and let dry completely.
Wait about 48 hours to wash and never dry in the dryer, Hang dry.  



I hope your Sunday is filled with Laughter, Family and Love.
XXOO
Anne

10 comments:

  1. I love love love this one Anne, soft pink is one of my favorite colors. Must try this one for my daughter. Love having you on my friends list, and having privy to all your videos, photos and tutorials. Have a marvelous day my talented friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mary! <3 Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just Love all the cute ideas great for repurposing your cloths Thank You for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cheryl:) have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  4. So pretty, thank-you for sharing with us.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you suggest going up a size for the shirt?? I am.always confused or conserved I can't get the fit like you have...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you suggest going up a size for the shirt?? I am.always confused or conserved I can't get the fit like you have...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning:)
      This sweatshirt was a woman's Medium, Hanes, Sweatshirt that I found at Walmart. I am about 5'7" and I weigh about 131 lbs. Usually I go up a size but this sweatshirt is my size. I hope this helps. Let me know?

      Delete
  7. so creative. I am going to try.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!