Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Off the Shoulder Sweatshirt DIY



Off the shoulder shirts are super flattering on everyone. 
They show off what I think is the most beautiful part of all women, her collar bone.
There are so many different types of shirts you can use to make a off the shoulder shirt, 
but what I used  was a white sweatshirt that I have had sitting around 
the house for the  last couple months.
 It really is super easy but it does require basic sewing skills.


Tutorial
Things you need
  • Sewing machine
  • Sweatshirt * Women's  Hanes in medium
  • Scissors
  • Safety pin 
  • Elastic
  • Straight pins
  • Chalk 
  • Ruler
  • Needle
  • Thread

  •  Mark the shirt right below the collar using the ruler to make a straight line.
  •  Cut the shirt.
  •  Fold the shirt down and pin.
  •  Sew leaving a small channel and a small opening to put your elastic band.
  • Measure your elastic by wrapping it around your shoulders.
  •  Pin  the safety pin on the end of the elastic.
  •  Weave the elastic through the channel
  • Tie

  • Stitch the hole closed by hand






I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.
I am definitely making more of these.
Lots of love to you all,
Anne

8 comments:

  1. damn. i love collar bones, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea and so easy. Unfortunately, I can't go without my sturdy undies

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good ideal, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you added thin straps to the top to hide bra steaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No i haven't, I wear a strapless bar with this shirt. But maybe that could be an option.

      Delete
  5. Can you do one that is long sleeve withw one of shoulder?

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!