Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Sunday, August 11, 2013

5 Minute No-Sew Tee: DIY




I received this email  about a week ago from Lara Lori
Lara Lori 


Hi Anne,
I'm Lara from Italy!
I love your blog and I've read all your tutorials.
I want to say you: Thanks so much!!!
Your works are really inspiring...

Sorry if I make you waste time, but
I'd like to ask you if you think that is possible to realize DIY this top, that I've seen reading an Italian magazine.

Thanks!
I' m waiting for your reply if you have the time...and, why not, for a tutorial for this top on WobiSobi blog!!!!
Grazie grazie grazie



Here is my version of the  top Lara wanted. The  original picture is no longer available so I found another picture similar to the one Lara sent me.
 This top is similar but the original was not cropped like the one above.
Thank you so much Lara for your Email.
Tutorial below


 
 Tutorial
Things you need
  •  T-Shirt * I used a grey men's medium.
  • Scissors
  • Chalk
  •  Place the shirt on  a table
  • Mark the shirt with a piece of chalk.

  •  Cut out the collar  first
  •  Fold the shirt in half and then cut your sleeves
  • Cut open the top of the shoulders
  •  Tie them back together and adjust to the size you want.
 If you want the shirt to be cropped at the waist then all you need to do is 
cut the bottom of the shirt to the length  you want .
I left mine long because I am too old for a cropped tee ;)
Back
 Thank you Lara for your Email, I hope this helps.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Lots of <3,
Anne
For more DIY, no sew Tee-shirts,
 head over 

18 comments:

  1. Looks great. You have a special ability to see into the style. I enjoy your blog DIY's immensely.

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and simple! I loooove it. You are so awesome for taking a special request for a reader. I will probably have to try this one :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne you are so kind!
    thanks for the wonderful surprise ...
    I can't believe that you have written so quickly! but especially I can't believe that the shirt could be so cute, I would say even more beautiful than the picture (sorry sophie marceau!!!)
    Anne, thanks for this post for me, thank you again for your amazing blog and for all the ideas that you share with us ! Your posts make my day much more happy!!! Have a beautiful week!!sei fantastica!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sooo awsome!!! I love all your projects!!! I have tried a few of them and they look awsome. My favorites are the no sew ones because im really bad at it. So thank u for making me feel like i can do pretty stuff too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sooo awsome!!! I love all your projects!!! I have tried a few of them and they look awsome. My favorites are the no sew ones because im really bad at it. So thank u for making me feel like i can do pretty stuff too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diana. This makes me so happy that you are creating too. I love that you sent me a message about it.
      Thank you.
      Anne

      Delete
  6. I stumbled across your blog by accident and I am so happy I did. I love your work. You have inspired me to get busy creating. I am going to make a couple of no sew t shirts this weekend. I can't wait to get started. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! This is such a great idea, I'm definitely going to do this for some of my old T-shirts this weekend. The bows really add a cute, stylish touch. Would you mind if I reblogged this onto an article I'm writing about upcycling old T-shirts? Please contact me at blogjia12@gmail.com - thanks so much! Obviously, if you say okay, I'll source back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. will this work for a tshirt that is already my size or does it need to be one that is bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  9. will this work for a tshirt that is already my size or does it need to be one that is bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It could work with your size shirt just fine:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Short and simple too! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So easy, but so cute! I bought quite a few t-shirts while on vacation with the intention of refashioning them. This one turned out so cute, although I did take the time to do a small rolled hem on the armholes and necklines.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for this easy tutorial! I just followed your instructions and adapted a large t that I had received as a gift and it came out great. Wish I could post a pix! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When you was a tshirt that have raw edges, what happens?

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!